Anadea regularly conducts IT competitions, since such events are the ideal environment for understanding the principles of work, writing code and immediately receiving feedback, and also proving oneself.
Last weekend, December 16, 2017, an IT duel took place among the company's employees. The event was held in 4 cities simultaneously - Dnipro, Minsk, Grodno and Alicante, within the walls of our company offices.
For 5 hours, participants had to write an algorithm to solve the task - to clear the playing field from cells by clicking on adjacent cells of the same color. The algorithm should have scored the most points.
To solve the problem, it was required to write a JSON API web service that will communicate with the game server. The server generates a game board, monitors the observance of game rules, and gives bonus points. The number of points that the team receives as a result of the game depends on whether the cells on the field have remained:
- cells remained - the solution is correct, but no points are given;
- there are no cells left - the team gets the number of points equal to the number of cells on the board.
During 5 hours of game, 58377 boards were generated. It was solved 7909 boards in the size 5X5, 79 boards in the size 6X6, 100 boards in the size 7X7.
According to the results of the competition, the final three looks like this:
- 1 place - Alicante Team. Score - 112701, games played - 4391. They gave a head start and took the first place. Well done!
- 2 place - undefined perfectly kept throughout the competition. They broke into second place. Congratulations!
- 3 place - Pink Lumberjacks. Cheerful team stepped into the winners. Great work, in general.
At the end of the duel, the teams shared their strategies and impressions.
Congratulations to the winners and thank you all for your emotions and mood!