Getsocio: Mobile Apps
Daily deal business is a highly dynamic sector of e-commerce market. New exciting offers arrive every day and it is necessary to inform consumers about them swiftly so that they could purchase them in time. Mobile devices are perfect helpers in this task. That’s why a mobile app is a must have thing for every daily deal vendor.
Getsocio, our e-commerce website builder, allows to create not just daily deal websites but also mobile applications for them. The daily deal mobile apps on Getsocio reflect the key functionality of the main website and enable discount hunters to search, buy and redeem deals via smartphones.
Look and feel
Visually, mobile apps on Getsocio are built using a standard design template. This template was developed by our UX/UI designers to make buying deals for consumers as easy and hassle free as possible. The mobile applications may be personalized with your company's logo and custom splash screen.
The mobile applications on Getsocio support all the features required for the convenience of daily deal lovers. The consumers can:
- view all active deals available in the chosen location/category,
- buy the deals,
- see vendor’s location on the map and use GPS to get the directions to it,
- share deals with friends,
- sign in to their personal accounts,
- mark coupons as used.
How to make a mobile app on Getsocio
First of all, you have to create your daily deal website on Getsocio platform. When you have one, the rest is amazingly easy:
- choose a platform (iOS, Android or both) and payment gateway,
- create graphics (icon and splash screen images) and description for your future mobile application and send them to Getsocio team,
- enroll in the Apple and/or Google Play developer program to be able to submit and distribute your app via app store,
- Getsocio engineers will create your mobile app and help you to get it approved.
There are also some additional business tools that facilitate the app creation:
Here is a detailed guide on making a mobile application on Getsocio.
Support and Technology
Daily deal mobile applications on Getsocio are assisted by a support team, which provides both consulting and engineering help.
The mobile apps are built using native programming languages for iOS and Android. They are integrated with some third-party services such as Google Maps and connected with RoR-based back-end system.
Technologies we used:
- iOS client: Objective-C;
- Android client: Java;
- Back-end: Ruby on Rails, Postgres;
- Third-party services: Google Maps, Facebook API, Twitter API.
To read more about Getsocio project and its team click here.
The entire Getsocio platform is designed to make it easy to start and run daily deal business. However, selling daily deals is a highly competitive space. It may not be enough to have a nice-looking website, so use Getsocio to also build mobile applications and spread your deals over mobile space. This may become an important brick on your path to winning the hearts of your customers. Go mobile with Getsocio!